Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nothings perfect but I'll love you forever...

Our love story (corny huh!)

Nate and I actually met when I was 14 but we didn't start dating until right after my 17th birthday.  Upon first meeting Nate, my friend asked me what I thought about him and I told her he had big ears, big lips and talked too much...Now nearly 12 years later, my son as the most adorable big ears!!  It's funny, you never know the impact someone will have on your life when first meeting.  I would have NEVER imagined that I met my best friend, future husband and father to my child at 14 years old sitting around a bon fire.  Never say never!!

Some say high school love doesn't exist and that it never lasts...well almost 9 years years later, we're living proof that it's possible and that age is not a factor whether love is real or not.  No one ever said it was going to be easy, marriage takes work from both parts on a daily basis. 

Nate and I started dating on Valentine's Day in 2004.  I was a high school Junior and Nate worked full time 3rd shift, therefore we didn't get to spend too much time together.  I graduated high school in 2005 and moved away to attend college while Nate moved out of his parent's home to be closer to his job.  For 4 months Nate and I lived 2 1/2 hours from each other...probably the 4 longest months of my life up to that point.  Needless to say I moved home after one semester away at college. 

Nate proposed on New Year's Eve 2005 in Indy down on the canal while telling me just how much he loved me!  We both agreed that we wanted a short engagement and married on July 22, 2006 with those that mean that most surrounding us.  In my opinion, it's the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen!! :)

Our love story has continued and though we have been through we've found ourselves in some very difficult situations, I wouldn't want anyone other than my best friend standing beside me!  Life can get very busy and we can find ourselves not making as much time for each other as we had before (which is something I really want to work on in the near future). 

Although life isn't perfect and our marriage is by no means perfect.  We have our "disagreements" just as any other couple does. Even when I get so frustrated with something that has been said or done by my best friend, I can honestly say that I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else!  I love this man more than anything and I plan to spend the rest of my life showing him just that!

1 comment: